Spotify.com for more information.has landed on US soil from Europe, bringing 15 million + songs to subscribers for streaming anywhere on your smartphone or desktop computer. They have a $5 Unlimited service as well as a $10 Premium service to get you streaming now, and a free beta service as well, but that is currently invite only. Check out
, the largest and fastest growing music service of its kind, is available from today in the US. We’re massively excited to be here.
is a new way to manage your music, discover new tracks and share songs and playlists with your friends. Now you can enjoy music whenever and wherever you like.
More than 10 million Europeans can’t be wrong, surely?
OK, so they are wrong when it comes to spelling ‘favourite’ and ‘doughnut’. But they know a great music service when they see it.
was launched in Sweden in 2008 by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, out of a desire to develop a better, more convenient and legal alternative to music piracy. is now the second single largest source of digital music revenue for labels in Europe (IFPI, April 2011), making sure that artists get a fair deal.
has more than 10 million registered users and more than 1.6 million paying subscribers across 7 countries in Europe; the US marks the 8th territory. With a ratio of well over 15% paying subscribers to active free users, is the largest and fastest growing service of its kind.
One lean, green, music machine
- gives you on-demand access (with no buffering) to a library of more than 15 million songs. What’s more, you can import the MP3s you already own with just one click, to create a mighty music player. And with , there’s no need to skip tracks you don’t like. Why? Because you choose the music in the first place.
- It’s super simple to create and manage all your playlists with– our users have made and shared over 250 million of them so far. You can also discover the most popular playlists on sites like www.sharemyplaylists.com and www.bbcify.com, or use clever sites like www.spotiseek.com to create playlists of new music based on your favorite artists.
- Music is made for sharing. Simply drag and drop music to yourfriends, or share with them via , Twitter, email and SMS. See your friends’ top tracks, artists and playlists via their profiles, subscribe to their playlists and drop tracks into their inbox. How very sociable.
- Take your music with you by installingon your cellphone or iPod Touch. Wirelessly sync your MP3 playlists to listen offline and subscribe to Premium to combine your own music with access to our catalogue of over 15 million tracks. It’s the perfect music player.
The Land of the Free, the Unlimited and the Premium
During our invite-only beta phase,offers three great services, from absolutely free to paid subscriptions. All of ’s services include the features listed above.
- Free – the unsurpassed free music service. With an invite, enjoy on-demand, buffer-free access to over 15 million songs on your computer, great social features, manage your own music files through , and sync with your cellphone or iPod. Features occasional advertising.
- Unlimited – all the special features of our free service but with uninterrupted, ad-free access to on your computer. All for only $4.99 a month.
- Premium – the all-singing, all-dancing, top-of-the-range experience. Premium gives you access to all the music, all the time. Listen online or offline, on your computer, your cellphone and a whole heap of other devices. Enjoy enhanced sound quality and access to exclusive content, competitions and special offers. Premium costs just $9.99 a month (that’s the equivalent of a few fancy coffees).
Daniel Ek, Founder and CEO of, said: “We believe that music is the most social thing there is and that’s why we’ve built the best social features into for easy sharing and the ultimate in music discovery. Even if you aren’t a total music freak, chances are you have a friend who is and whose taste you admire. I’m looking forward to connecting with some of you in and discovering some cool new tracks.”
’s US launch is in partnership with some of the biggest and most pioneering brands in the world, who want to help us spread the word of in the USA. Our exclusive launch partners are Coca-Cola and Sprite, Chevrolet, Motorola, Reebok, Sonos and The Daily. These brands will all be launching innovative campaigns in partnership with in the coming weeks and months.
Ken Parks, Chief Content Officer and Managing Director ofNorth America, said: “ was founded as a better, simpler alternative to piracy. So making sure that the people who create the music prosper is hugely important to us. We have full catalogues from all the major labels and a raft of independent labels including those represented by Merlin, which means all of their artists are being fairly compensated for their creativity every time people enjoy music through .”